Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I just don't get it!

There are 12,952,562 Registered Voters in the state of Texas; roughly only 1, 039,496 decided to show up and vote for the proposed amendments to our state constitution. Now, maybe it's just me but, I think amending the constitution is a hell of a lot more important than electing officials. Officials can be voted out if we decide that they are not fulfilling their obligations. But if suddenly we find ourselves with an amendment that hasn't quite turned out the way we want it well... Another amendment has to be authored to recend it. And let me tell you something, that ain't easy. I certainly hope that the next time our state decides to propose a bunch of amendments to our constitution, that it gets off of its collective lazy butt and actually votes. 12%... Shameful.

http://enr.sos.state.tx.us/enr/results/nov09_147_state.htm?x=0&y=0&id=383

No comments:

Post a Comment