Sunday, January 10, 2010

And the worst part of this is...

He's going to get a pass!!

 Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) apologized today for referring to President Barack Obama as “light skinned” and “with no Negro dialect” in private conversations during the 2008 presidential campaign.

“I deeply regret using such a poor choice of words,” said Reid in a statement. “I sincerely apologize for offending any and all Americans, especially African Americans for my improper comments.”
 
Why? Because he's a Democrat. OR more importantly, he's not a Republican. I can guarantee you; had Reid been a Republican and said this... he would have been crucified. "Republican's are racist bastards!" Please. We do more for minority's than people think. Yet, the Democrat's do whatever they can to hold them back and still profess to be "for the people."
This pisses me off to no end. There is a distasteful double standard in politics when it comes to racism.
I have raised my kids to understand that ALL people are equal in the eyes of God and therefore should be equal in the eyes of man. Yes, I have certain members of my extended family who do not necessarily agree with me; they have been instructed to never allow their beliefs to be spoken in front of my children. I will not tolerate racism. Period.
And I'm a Conservative...
And yet, Reid will still get a pass on this.
Why?
Because he's a Democrat.
And everyone knows that Democrats are "for the people" and Republicans are "racist."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100109/ap_on_el_se/us_obama_reid
http://biggovernment.com/2010/01/09/harry-reid-obama-light-skinned-with-no-negro-dialect/#more-57706
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/01/10/reid-mounted-aggressive-campaign-minimize-obama-negro-comment/

1 comment:

  1. Democrats are such hypocrites. Democrats keep poor people poor so they that they stay dependent on the government, can take advantage of the poor and then count on their vote come election time. Republicans want to help the poor be successful.

    ReplyDelete