Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year?

I really do not see the big deal behind "New Year." Further, I fail to see why it's a national holiday. "It's just another day," as Oingo Boingo once sang (yes, I'm dating myself). Seriously, why the hoopla? I can count on, hmmm... let me see, zero fingers, the number of New Year parties I've been to. My family and I stay home, watch movies (last night it was Monty Python and the Holy Grail) and then go to bed. The next day we find somewhere to go (today it's Austin) and hang out. I'll never understand why people want to gather together with a bunch of drunk morons, staying up 'till all hours of the night, just to wake up the next morning either in jail, or seriously hung over... Or both. But hey, that's just me I guess.

Anyway, Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment